Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Grumpy pants


I had a fairly average day at work today until the last 15 minutes before I went home, when I had an encounter with my boss that made me all kinds of grumpy.

Now for those of you who know me well at all, you know that I'm generally a happy person who is not inclined to let grumpiness last for long. But for whatever reason, I couldn't shake the grumpy funk from me.

I arrived at home to find that my roommate had purchased me a pair of sweatpants that were on clearance from Old Navy. Bright yellow with white racing stripes down the sides, for only $4. Surely no one wearing such affordable yellow pants can be grumpy for long, right?

Wrong. Notwithstanding the bright happy color and the extreme comfort of the pants (I'm telling you, they're awesome), I persisted with my foul mood. In fact, I declared them to be my "grumpy pants" so I would never forget the day I received them.


I then began to make pinatas for a work function tomorrow, which turned out like this:

In the process I managed to slice open my finger with some scissors. Cursing the day under my breath I rustled through our cupboard for some kind of bandage to stop the bleeding, and that's when I found the cure to my grumpiness:

That's right. A Darth Maul band-aid. For whatever reason, one of the grumpiest characters ever conceived is what finally made the stormcloud over my head go away. Let this be a lesson to you all... I'm not exactly sure what kind of lesson, but surely you've learned something from this story. Even if it is only that the Old Navy at the Gateway mall is having an awesome clearance sale.

5 comments:

Nathan Winder said...

This has been your most entertaining post yet. I Laughed Out Loud. Good work.

Bonny said...

I laughed out loud too. That was a very fun read!

Jentry said...

You are so great. You made my grumpy day better.

garrett said...

Gumpy pants! Pure genius! Glad you got the grumpy funk to go away. :)

Julie said...

When I read the title "Grumpy Pants," I immediately thought of the Happy Pants from camp! HOORAY for that memory!