Thursday, September 20, 2007

Humble Pie

Okay, so my boss is non-specific. Big deal. I'm not the picture of efficiency either. Almost as if she knew I had been complaining about her, she commented the other day, "I'll bet it drives you nuts to work with me."

I smiled. "Sometimes, yes."

She proceeded to tell me that she's aware of how she is, she's trying to be better, and that she'd try and make sure I understood her instructions before disappearing. I told her that I'd try and be more clear about what exactly I didn't understand. We made our peace, and I feel bad about my rant earlier.

Today I went to a women's rehab center to teach a parenting class. It involves taking a specific children's book, reading it aloud together, and hashing out themes and concepts that are applicable to our lives. You would have never known how deep the story the Three Billy Goats Gruff is until you read it with these women:

"I'm like the littlest billy goat, 'cuz my brother looked out for me."

"How come they're all named Gruff? That's weird."

"Those little billy goats totally set that third one up. I know a snitch like that..."

"The troll is like my addiction..."

"The troll is like the dude that took my kid away..."

"The troll is like my boyfriend that used to beat me..."

It can get pretty intense sometimes. I leave every time being very glad that I don't have their problems.

Alright, can't end on that note. Look what I found on engrish.com:


3 comments:

Bonny said...

hmmm its spooky...I'm too afraid to post about work on my blog cuz I'm afraid someone will see my blog.

your comment on my blog made me laugh a lot "jakey-ey" hahahahahah!

Bonny said...

PS I like the new template and photo :)

Robin said...

Oh how I love Engrish.

I tagged you, if you don't mind. Check my blog for the rules...