Friday, May 23, 2008

"You call him Dr. Jones, doll."


This weekend was the long-awaited Indiana Jones marathon that I planned months ago. The Zimmers (who are in my singles ward bishopric and are about the coolest people to grace the earth) were kind enough to host a bunch of twenty-somethings while we watched all three of the original Indiana Jones movies Friday night, and then the next morning we went to see the new one. It was a fun weekend, but I tell ya what... It'll be awhile before I watch any of them again.

The Zimmers also presented me with this. Did I mention I love the Zimmers?


In other news, I got a job working at the Utah Food Bank in their development department. This means that I help the grantwriter get the information she needs to keep money coming into the do-gooders so they can continue to do good. So far I really like the people I work with and the feel of the workplace is high-energy. Also, almost everyone there was previously working there in a lesser position, so opportunity for advancement is good.

So, things are looking up! Thanks everyone for the encouragement in the meantime.

3 comments:

Robin said...

I saw Indiana Jones today...I was a tiny bit disappointed but it was still fun.
I hope you performed your song to start the evening off!
And once again, congrats on the job!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the spud.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo I finally found the post about your new job. I'm glad your in development, that's an awesome department. If you want to know all kinds of interesting back story of the food bank I can tell you tons. Development is pretty drama free but services has been drama for the last 2-3 years. I really am wondering all kinds of details so e-mail me. It'll be fun!

slcity.mom@gmail.com
Christine P. your grandfamilies buddy!