Sunday, May 4, 2008

Reasons I can't complain


I had some people unduly alarmed after my last post. I'm fine, really. I still do not have a job, but hey! Look what I do have!

  • I am surrounded by loved ones every which way I turn. It makes it pretty hard to crawl into a hole of self-pity, even when I make a conscious effort to try.
  • I have a more correct idea of who I am, why I'm here and what I'm capable of than most people (good news indeed.)
  • My basic needs are consistently met, as well as many of my wants.
  • I am free. Well, I AM a slave to Costa Vida chicken salads, but other than that...
  • I just happen to have rhythm AND music.
  • I have relatively obedient, versatile hair. This is really dumb, but I was so grateful for this fact a couple days ago that I took the above picture in my gratitude.
  • I have a wicked awesome blue guitar and am learning to play it more and more.
This list is by no means all-inclusive. It's just a few of the reasons I've been happy to be me lately.

7 comments:

Robin said...

Regarding #5 on your list, who could ask for anything more?

Katey said...

It is wonderful to hear that you have great things going on in your life. I must say you look hot in that picture of yourself and I also enjoy that Haley face of yours. It's a one of a kind orginal and it makes me happy!

Cassidy said...

I love your picture. I tried to do my hair like that for my senior prom and it was a disaster. I ended up making my date wait for an extra hour and a half while my sister tried to salvage it.
The shirt you are wearing makes your eyes look quite stunning as well.

Bonny said...

I was thinking the same thing as robin...
anyway, sweet hair!

Jentry said...

Love love love the hair and the blue wall. I hate finding a job more than anything else in the entire world, it's the worst and it has the ability to make you feel so useless. I feel for ya babe. Come back up to Logan and we'll go to water aerobics!

Jake said...

Haley - you are always a ray of sunshine for my soul.

Lauren said...

I totally understand about the hair comment, except I can only wish my hair cooperated like yours. My hair seems happiest straight and limp, and does everything in its power to return to that state. I've pretty much given up on it and live in ponytails. I'm glad that I can always take comfort from your hair!