Sunday, July 13, 2008

Step right up!

Sometimes your dreams and ambitions are like balloons that you release into the sky and the hope in your heart can't help but spill over into a hopeful expression on your face (thanks to Wendy and Melanie for the forced looks of hopefulness.)


Sometimes those dreams and ambitions encounter obstacles that, at the time of releasing, weren't considered obstacles. Like a big fat giant pine tree far away from where you released your ambition and dream balloons.


And sometimes your carefully planned hopes and dreams get stuck in the unforseen obstacle, never to escape, and all the hope in your heart and on your face (real or pretended) was all for not.


The end. Now didn't that inspire you? Let's hope it's not an omen for Wendy's upcoming marriage... a shower for which warranted the occasion for the life metaphor. (What?) Thanks to Heather for the shower concept (carnival themed) and thanks to Wendy for the excuse. Congrats!


Speaking of freak shows, notwithstanding the cuteness of this picture of Katey Teece and I, I'm starting to notice that my facial features are disproportionately large. Like someone photoshopped my face onto a head that was too small.


Maybe I should be a carny for REAL. Sadly, I'd probably make more than I do now...

2 comments:

Jentry said...

Sweetheart you are skinny skinny. I think your features are fabulous.

Katey said...

Dearest Haley friend of mine...the carnival is not the place for you. Although you may make more money in the end, I promise, you are much too pretty for such a thing. We sure do look cute in the picture though. Thanks for hosting the shower at your house. It was great to get together and see everyone and celebrate these happy events of life. :)