Sunday, June 29, 2008

Oodelolly

I'm far busier than I prefer to be these days.

Busy-ness makes some people feel important. It makes this person feel grumpy.

So, to relax every now and then I'll pick up my guitar and work on a song or two. I only have a fistful of songs that I feel I've mastered, and a bazillion that I'm slowly working on. My goal is to someday be one of those people who can sit around a campfire and rattle off songs at people's request. Yes, it must be near a campfire for some reason.

Notwithstanding my current projects (including the song from Robin Hood, which now clears up the title of this post and brings you full circle), I'm always looking for suggestions of songs that are fun to play on the guitar and not ridiculously hard. So I throw the question out to you, gentle readers... any suggestions?

6 comments:

Bonny said...

You should learn Blackbird by The Beatles. It sounds hard and might look hard but I learned it and I don't really know how to play the guitar. It's also impressive to watch and hear played.

garrett said...

Don't you mean you're working on a Brazillian other songs your working on? I think bust would agree with me...

Nathan Winder said...

I think you should learn: Fantasia para un Gentilhombre- II. Españoleta y Fanfare de la Caballería de Nápoles by Joaquín Rodrigo (1901-1999)
...of course, you'll need to find an orchestra as well.

"gentle readers"- apparently you've never seen how violently I can avert my eyes.

Amy said...

One of my favorite songs to sing while my friends played guitar around the campfire in high school was Every Rose has it's Thorn. good memories. Ps. I found your blog on Lauren Merkley's blog and I'm totally adding you to my list of blogs. Hope that's ok.

Robin said...

Just please promise me you'll never play "When you say nothing at all."
Gag me a hundred times.

Chrissy Lucia said...

How about "Horse with no name" by America . . . I believe that there are only like two or three cords, and it is a classic!