Saturday, April 12, 2008

4:50am

Last time I was up during unholy hours of the day with an upset stomach I blogged, so I thought I'd do it again.

I spent the day in Logan on Thursday, and boy do I miss it. It's like reopening a wound in my heart everytime I go back. I stopped in to talk to one of my favorite professors who is kind of like my own personal Magic 8 Ball - anytime I start to flounder I shoot him an email or talk to him ("shake" him) and he'll give me his honest thoughts on the topic, whether it be about going back to school, career direction, or personal life advice ("reply hazy, try again"). It was fun to see him.

I'm spending my unemployed days helping my mom with a murder mystery she's setting up for her ward (she's the activities chief). I've rounded up some people to play the parts and spend my days gathering props and costume items. I'm now the proud owner of a head-to-toe red sequined dress which I will wear playing the role of Lera Luscious, the hottest singing act at the Purple Petunia. You can look forward to pictures from that in about a week.

My sprite is gone and I'm feeling better, so I'm going back to bed in the hopes to wake up in two hours and go to the gym.

2 comments:

Bonny said...

ugh...i hope you feel better. Sprite does it for me. Props to you for actually getting out your computer though! Can't wait for the red dress photos!

Robin said...

I hear you on the wound in the heart thing!
That's fun that you are so close with your professor.
Hope your stomach is fixed - I swear by ginger ale.