Saturday, January 19, 2008

Stick a needle in my eye

I vow to purchase a camera this week. I have a coloring book that I absolutely MUST show the public. Words cannot describe, so I won't even try.

But here are a few other seemingly random things I have learned in the last week or so:

I am not an alto, according to my voice teacher. It broke my heart. Do I still think I'm Karen Carpenter? Yes... she had an amazing range but just chose to sing low most of the time (her direct quote: "The basement is where the money is.") Will I still be singing alto in any given choir? You betcha. After all, an alto is just a soprano who can sightread... (sorry, couldn't help it.)

If you don't like attention, don't quit a job at which you're well liked.

Eating a Cafe Rio salad after fasting all day may sound like a good idea, but it isn't.

Utes gymnastics is INSANELY popular. I'm talking like ten thousand people at their meet on Friday. I don't care how awesome they are at what they do, it's gymnastics. I had no idea it had such crowd appeal.

The movie 27 Dresses is a very silly chick flick. No surprises. If you go, you'll get exactly what you expect from that kind of movie.

The movie Cloverfield is a very intense monster movie. Look out, it doesn't end well. And whatever you do, don't let the creature's little spawn things bite you...

That's it for now. Hopefully the next post will be full of visuals...

6 comments:

Robin said...

So uh, did you quit your job or something?

Bonny said...

ya did you quit your job?

also...gymnastics is nuts out here. Utah is ranked #2 behind UGA. People actually buy season tickets. I'm planning to go see what all the fuss is about.

Julie said...

I was there on Friday Night and I too was impressed with how many people were there. My sister made the comment that there were more people there than come to the basketball games! CRAZY!!!

garrett said...

Seriously, let us know if you quit your job. And did you talk to Katey about getting a job with Workforce Services??

I went to a Utes gymantistcs meet once, and I'm with ya. What is all the fuss about? I even got a fan mad at me for trash talking the gymnasts... Not that that made me stop. We were like the front row, so they could totally hear me. And I can't wait to see Cloverfield!!!

Jentry said...

I love the alto comment, go us. Are you loving voice lessons?! I'm very jealous, I could never really make my "break" not...break, you know what I mean.

Jake said...

Silly Utes and their gymnastics. Don't they know the real deal is the Aggies Basketball team?

I think I will skip Cloverfield. I have heard less than encouraging things.