Thursday, January 10, 2008

I got rhythm, I got music

I've done some thinking.

My good and talented friend Robin has a blog that I can't seem to go a day without checking. Even some of my friends who aren't acquainted with Robin in person have admitted to me that they blog-stalk her on occasion (don't worry, I won't tell on you.)

So why is Robin's blog so cool and fun to read? Well, other than the fact that she's a cool and fun person? Her entries are short, to the point, and frequent. Well, and they have cool pictures. Mine, well... you have to be a devoted friend to want to read the novels I post on a once-a-week-at-best basis (thank you, devoted friends.) The pictures thing I can't help at the moment, but soon, oh so soon...

My new goal: blog small, blog often. And no, Robin did not pay me to write this ode to her blog. I promise, she doesn't need the advertising.

Speaking of songbirds, I started voice lessons this week. It's amazing how different you sound when standing in front of an intimidating voice teacher compared to how you sound in your car on the way to work. But my teacher is very warm and easy to like, so I don't think I'll be afraid for long.

The picture at the top has nothing to do with this post. I've had to result to old pictures to spice things up around here a bit. Believe it or not, I used to dance. And, it may explain why I hated the color pink until I was 23.

6 comments:

Robin said...

Well thanks, Haley! That sure is nice of you. So where was it that you wanted me to send the check? :)

I'm looking forward to the more frequent posts from you!

Anonymous said...

Yah, I really want to have a blog that peole are interested in reading and check up on it, but it feels like a struggle. Like, who would care about what I'm doing? Why is what I have to say interesting?

I'm hard on myself about it, so it never gets done, so it's never interesting... on and on. :P

Jentry said...

I am a frequent checker of your blog so I'm looking forward to more posts. When, my dearest, are we going to hear about the Amazing Race?

Nathan Winder said...

Was that taken during The Nerd?

Katey said...

Haley, I agree with this post 100%! I too enjoy Robin's blog as she posts often and brief. I tend to get my longwinded thinking in mind and then I get overwhelmed by the longness and I don't post at all. My blog is currently in desperate need of something new and I will have to go small! Thanks for the thoughts here. :)

garrett said...

I love the idea of shorter, more frequent posts, but that's just not who I am. I could post more frequently, sure, but even when I try to be short and sweet, it comes out as nearly a five paragraph essay. Or longer...

If it works for you, yay! If not, embrace your less-frequent, long posts. I love 'em. :)