Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I once was blind, but now I see.

I bought a new camera on Monday. When I woke up to see the massive snowstorm that had hit overnight, I almost decided to wait another day. But then I thought that maybe it was the universe conspiring against my desires for a camera, and, being one who likes to defy the universe, I hopped in my car at 9am and made the treacherous trip to Best Buy nonetheless.
I didn't investigate cameras too much before I went, mostly because I know at this point in my life I mostly don't care. I just want something that will allow me to record amusing moments because my brain is bound to lose them at this rate. So after consulting with the friendly salesman, I bought this guy:


He's the Sony Cybershot DSC W80. If that doesn't mean anything to you, then join the club. All I know is it can take both pictures and video, and has a rapid-fire picture-taking option for when I'm trying to take a shot of someone flying through the air or something (which happens more often than you think.) The salesman told me it was the cheaper of the two he suggested, and this one had a turny-wheely-thing to select my settings rather than having to fish through a bunch of push-button options on the camera screen (like the other one), so I was sold. I was so excited that the moment I got into my car I opened the package, stuck the battery and memory card into the camera, and took this picture:

My beloved Best Buy, with my new car B.J. I'm inheriting B.J. (along with her payments) from my little brother, who is leaving on a mission in a couple weeks. B.J. stands for Billie Jean, because that song came on my iPod while driving it for one of the first times and it just seemed right.

So now that I "got my camera on" as my friend Logan would say, I'm pleased to present to you Spider-man and Friends:


A few years ago I purchased some coloring books for my roommates for Christmas, and this is the one I bought for Wendy because, well, she likes Spiderman. Little did I know that in this coloring book, not only are Spiderman and his friends about seven years old, but they're doing the most effemenite and least-superhero-like things imaginable. I submit for your enjoyment the silliest coloring book ever, complete with my own MST3K-esque commentary:

Hulk heard the sirens outside and scrambled to find somewhere to hide the stash.



This is pretty much what every single picture taken of a mother right after giving birth looks like.


Captain America visits Lifetouch studios to take pictures to give all his friends at high school.


That puddle underneath him is awfully suspicious. I've never been THAT excited to fly a kite...

"I challenge you to a duel, you sexy, sexy man..."


Ten bucks says he's playing Return to Pooh Corner.

Either he's very thoughtful or there's something terribly wrong with that banana.



After her father's tragic death and the burn accident that left her masked for life, Bindi Irwin decided to stalk animals that didn't have razor sharp teeth.

12 comments:

Katey said...

CONGRATULATIONS on getting a new camera. What a great feeling it must be for you! Camera's really are a great thing. I don't know what I would do without mine.

Thanks for sharing the wonderfulness of that great coloring book. I don't know that I've ever seen anything quite like it! :)

Robin said...

That campfire/guitar picture and your commentary almost had me rolling on the floor. And what is with the Spider-girl??!

Yay for the new camera! Have lots of fun with it!

Bonny said...

I want a camera like that, that will fit in my pocket. and if i can't have one like that i want a super professional one that ranges around 100 bucks.

i love love love the captions under the pictures. hah!

emily mcd said...

You are so hilarious!

Jentry said...

Yea for being back with the visuals, we missed it.

Anonymous said...

I am a little secret blog watcher and I think you are SO FUNNY!! You have such a funny personality and way of making even the simplest of things look like so much fun. That is a gift. Keep it up. You are hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

That coloring book is hilarious! Although I did enjoy your drawings, I'm glad your pictures are back.

Anonymous said...

Haley,
I don't know if you remember me but I was friends with Kevin and Becky and Lauri and all those guys! I saw your blog on Beckys and thought I would drop in and say hello! I always thought you were so funny but this blog really proves it! I loved reading it! By the way, I have that same exact camera. I bought it right before Christmas and I love it! I bet you will to! Anyway, (this is turning into a novel) I just wanted to say hi and I will be looking for your new posts!
Amanda (Vizina)

Jake said...

Haley Sue - I miss you...

The captions are amazing.

Charlotta-love said...

Haley,
You are funny too.
The End

Thanks for visiting my blog. :o)

Matt and Jenny said...

I have never been so awed, yet creeped out, by a simple comic book. Thank you for sharing this amazing discovery, coupled with your dazzling wit. Crow and Tom Servo would be proud.

Wendy said...

Couldn't help but notice that mostly those pictures weren't colored!! Get busy!