Wednesday, October 7, 2009

a little plug... then a little rambling

First, here's a link to my co-worker's recent bloggy-ode to the strange things we pull out of our food totes as they're being sorted. As you can see, it doesn't take much to amuse us:

Food Drive Item of the Day

Secondly, I've been thinking about pain thresholds. And how mine seems to be a bit higher than some other peoples. Or maybe I just don't get myself into as painful as predicaments as others.

Or maybe you're all just wimps.

And how there are people all around me who have a pretty rough go at life, where the trials they're still enduring are a result of decisions they made years and years ago when they were teenagers and didn't have their heads on straight.

I was a teenager once. I went a good while without my head on straight. But how did I avoid becoming addicted to something or making a really bad choice with long-lasting consequences? How did I just end up reading R.L. Stine books and writing depressing poetry instead?

Luck? Meant for something greater? Spending too much time around really down-and-out people? You decide.

I'm working like a mad woman these days, so I apologize for the lack of postings. I also apologize for the lack of pictures, but my internet connection leaves much to want these days.

But thanks for still checking in on me every now and then.

4 comments:

kriddlec said...

Dearest Haley,

Your blog brings me joy! I am glad for whenever you update, frequent or not.

Kisses.

Cookie Monster

Jen said...

you are strong person Haley, with a good head on your shoulders. You make me and many others around you happy. Thanks for being you!!

Kathrin Paul said...

I wandered over here from Chunky Monkey's blog and I'm glad I did. I'm putting you on my own blog list because you're too funny not to. Hysterical. I remember how funny you are, but in writing, it's just so eloquent. Good work.

Gavin said...

Drama. I blame drama. ;)